Airplane Deicing at Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Aircraft de-icing for a McDonnel Douglas DC-9 at the Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport.

20090204-300_5046plog

Originally opened in 1929 as the Wayne County Airport, the airport was later renamed to Detroit-Wayne Major Airport in 1947 and finally to its present day name, Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport in 1958. The airport was also certified in that year as an international jet craft airport by the Civil Aeronautics Authority (which later became the Federal Aviation Administration).

Leave a Reply